From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

logos.msm in CVI2013 SP2 depends on logosxt.msm with a different signature

Solved!
Go to solution

I have installed the LabWindows/CVI 2013 SP2 on a blank pc.

I want to use the Data Socket Core module which has the logos.msm as a dependency.

The logos.msm has the dependeny to the logosxt.msm. It needs the logosxt.msm with the signature LOGOS_XT.672098DB-28A3-4BF5-9D75-5134A5E2F6B7.

But the logosxt.msm which is in the CVI package has the signature LOGOS_XT.D8E0C1BC_E3D3_4700_AAC1_E0A396CAD686.

If the signatures are not as expected i get an error using the installshield.

Could you please give me a version of the logos.msm with the corresponding logosxt.msm?

I can not use older logos.msm because installshield says that they are marked as 64 bit components and can not be used in my 32 bit installer.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,619 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author K.Werner

Hi, K.Werner,

It looks like you've uncovered a bug! We have filed a bug report to the team that owns the merge modules, and they should be fixed for future releases. In the meantime, the attached merge modules declare the correct RequiredID in their ModuleDependency table. You can replace the logos merge modules you currently have installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Merge Modules\ with these. 

Note: Installing recent NI Software such as LabVIEW 2014 will overwrite these merge modules, so you will need to replace them again. 

Thanks!

Daniel Dorroh
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,566 Views)

The appendes merged modules files work fine. They have the correct module dependencies.

Additionally the logos.msm file is not marked as a 64 bit component as the logos.msm in the CVI 2012 SP1 installation package. Thank you so much for the fast and competent solution.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,544 Views)