LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

link errors: multiple definitions for symbol '_*' in *.c and *.nidobj

Good day everybody,

Really I hope someone help me with a very anoying problem. Some weeks ago, I worked with LabWindows/CVI 2010 V 10.0.1 with very simple programs. However, when programs pick up, I needed to splite code in two or three source files whit its respective header files; it appear not to be a good idea because suddenly (I mean I hadn't made any modification apparently that causes such error, the program was working fine) I have the next linker error for almost all identifiers created by myself: 

Multiple definitions for symbol '_matrixClassesConfig' in modules 'fileDriving.c' and 'c:\Users\utm\Documents\National Instruments\CVI\cvibuild.metroLAMDAbeta\Debug\fileDriving.nidobj'.

Three times I had created a new project to transfer my code, but code is growing up and it becomes impossible each time.

Please, someone help me. I´m too worried because this situation causes much time losses.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,191 Views)

Variables that need to be accessed by functions in more source files can be declared in a separate .h file to be included in all source that need to access them. The same applies to functions and types declared in CVI built-in libraries: you must include the library header instead of redefining them again. This way you should avoid the redefinition error.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(3,174 Views)