LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

launching Excel via LabWindows

Hello,

I want to launch and control Excel via labwindows, I found this example : https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-21745#comment-29359 which is perfect for me but when I am trying compiling it, I have thoses errors  :

Undefined symbol '_ExcelRpt_WorksheetNew@12' referenced in "excelreportdemo.c".

Undefined symbol '_ExcelRpt_ApplicationNew@8' referenced in "excelreportdemo.c".

Undefined symbol '_ExcelRpt_WorkbookNew@8' referenced in "excelreportdemo.c".

error_excel.png

Did someone have a solution about this problem?

Thank You.

Théo Martin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,128 Views)

Hello Theo,

Looking in Library Tree, you don't have any instrument loaded. Since you have excelreport.fp in your project, the instrument "Excel Report" (which also loads "Microsoft Excel 9.0 Object Library") should be loaded when opening the project or adding the fp to the project.

Could you check if you have excelreport.fp on your computer (CVI installs it in C:\Program Files\National Instruments\<CVI DIR>\toolslib\activex\excel). If it is, it might be the case that the path in your project is not correct. Right-click on excelreport.fp in workspace three, select Replace File in Project.. and select the right file. Don't you get an error when you open the project?

You can also have a look on the example project C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\<CVI DIR>\samples\activex\excel\excelreportdemo.prj"

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,105 Views)