From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview runtime engine

I am running CVI 2012. In the last few days whenever I start CVI, it INSISTS on wanting to install NI LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 8.2.1. I don't know how to load this element. If I just cancel out of the install attempt a few times, then CVI starts normally, and everything seems to work. I have also run the NI update manager, it installed a new LabVIEW runtime module, but this DID NOT fix the problem. I also don't know why it wants to install the LabView Run-Time engine. I am not running LabVIEW. I have reviewed some related posts, but none seem to be relevant to my issue. Please advise course of action to fix. Thanks !!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,445 Views)

Hello,

Did you install or update any CVI component in the last few days? If you are unsure of that, you can check the Installation Log generating a MAX Technical Report. Is the project you are trying to open using the Signal Processing Toolkit?

Regards,

MCOTO

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,427 Views)

I checked the Measurement and Automation Explorer and the Labview 8.2.1 run-time engine shows as installed, and it seems to be present in the correct directory. However, every time I start CVI, it wants to install the 8.2.1 RTE. Kind of annoying. If I invoke "find examples" which uses the Labview RTE, it also first prompts to install the RTE. If I cancel that out, finding examples still works fine. The whole bevahior is  a head scratcher !! Please advise if any ideas come to mind. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,384 Views)

Problem fixed. Thanks for your reply !!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,382 Views)