LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ivi driver development

Solved!
Go to solution

I am a new user and developer of LabWindows/CVI.   I am attempting to create an IVI-C device driver and User application for a new instrument (board with embedded SoC), which I would like to make flexible enough that I can easily modify it to use either a Ethernet or Serial interface to the board.  I'm using LabWindows/CVI because I have been asked to integrate this application into the CVI environment.

I've downloaded CVI 13.0 and gone briefly through the IVI Instrument Driver Wizard to create the shell of an IVI Specific driver.  But it is including 'ivi.h', which doesn't seem to be in my CVI installation or in the IVI foundation library installation.

Is there another package I need to install to begin creating the driver?

Is there a particular VISA installation that I need to provide the serial (and enet?) interface functions?

I have the LabWindows/CVI Instrument Driver Developers Guide, and have been reading it to try to understand how to complete a starting driver.   But seem to be missing some pieces.

Still trying to figure out how these pieces fit together to get started.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,040 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author HowardS

Might need to install the IVI Compliance package (ICP) from NI to get this file.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,019 Views)

Hello HowardS,

I suggest installing the IVI Compliance Package, either from the Driver CD, either from: http://www.ni.com/download/ivi-compliance-package-4.6/4027/en.

Best regards,

= Nelu F. || National Instruments.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,015 Views)

Thank you, cymrieg.   This indeed did fix the 'missing ivi.h' problem.   Moving forward now...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,010 Views)