LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invalid drive handle failed: Error # 30, using PCI card 1751 advantech

Please help me how to resolve this error?.,i am using window7 driver installed.device show in device manager property of my computer .

cvi labwindow code run on Xp window but error#30,invalid drive handle failed, occurse in window 7 ., .,window 7 differnt driver,.so i can change code and where?same code Xp window use for window 7? .,, .,if change then what ., .,where ., .,how.,?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,617 Views)

I'm not familiar with that error: is it happening in some function from Advantech? The situation you describe seems related to an incorrect installation of the board driver: you should check with Advantech support for the correct driver version to install and verify that it supports ANSI C development environments (I shortly looked into the Producer site and only saw listed C++ compilers: check that CVI is supported on Win7 too).

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(3,576 Views)

Hi Amir,

I found another forum post where they encountered the same error:

PCI-1761 - Error code 30

http://forum.adamcommunity.com/viewthread.php?tid=517

They were able to solve it by ensuring they had selected the correct board ID.

Austin
Staff Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,556 Views)

Hi Amir,

One more question, is this PCI card made by National Instruments? It's not a PCI card I'm familiar with and it seems to be manufactured by Advantech. If that's the case, you may make more progress by reaching out to Advantech support.

Austin
Staff Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,555 Views)