cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installer - CVI 2012 forces reboot

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

First, I have reviewed This Link.  It list three possible reasons for installer forcing a re-boot.  It may be a little dated (2004)

In any case, I would like to suppress forced re-boots following the CVI 2012 installation of an appliction on Windows 7.   I am trying to run an executable immediately following the install (options set to Launch after Installation, Launch and continue) This exe performs Windows service verifications for NI services that need to be running, and auxilliary utility installations,   I believe the exe is getting suppressed when the forced reboot occurs.

Any ideas how to suppress the forced re-boot after installer runs?

By the way, the RTE components I am using are shown here:

NI_image01.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,500 Views)

Hey ryk,

How about using a Silent Installation? By doing this, the installation will lack of dialogs, GUI and progress bar.

Carmen C.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,461 Views)

The dialogs are not the problem.  It is the forced re-boot at the end.  I do not believe a silent install will suppress the force re-boot. 

Thanks,

Ryk

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,454 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ryk

Passing /r on the command-line to setup.exe will suppress the reboot.

Regards,

- Wes / NI  

Message 4 of 9
(4,442 Views)

Thanks Wes.  That will be useful to me.  A silly question - where is this documented, do you know offhand?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,434 Views)

Glad to be of help!  Running setup.exe /? will give you a list of command-line options, and at the bottom will be an info code that takes you to this KB with some additional information...

Regards,

- Wes

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,419 Views)

Hi Wes.

Passing /r also works for me, but is there a way adding lines in setup.ini to avoid a "command-line option"? Maybe it just likes "reboot=0/1" or something else.

Many Thanks.

F.y

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,056 Views)

F.y, 

The best way to avoid the reboot is to use the command line option. The install is controlled from an .msi file not an .ini file. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,025 Views)

Hi Haley N,

For some reasons I have to make the avoiding reboot a very simple operation--you just run setup.exe, and install the program, and no reboot warning comes out. That's what I need.

Anyway, thanks for your reply. Maybe I should give my user a setup.bat which contains "setup.exe /r:n"?Smiley Tongue

Yours F.y.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,016 Views)