LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imaqdx error 0x80040217

Hello,

I use NI MAX to check usb camera, but when I click Ni MAX SNAP or GRAB, then an error

"IMAQdx error 0x80040217"

I use windows 8.1 x64.

How to correct it..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,542 Views)

Hello,

I'm having the same problem.

USB Camera (Logitech c920):

I have two computers with same version of NI IMAQdx (4.3.5) and same driver version for camera.

On one computer SNAP works fine. On the other, always error 80040217 on first attempt, then error 80004005 on repeated attempts.

Same goes for using Snap.vi in LabVIEW. Software works fine on first computer, but does not run on second.

There I get the following error:

Error -2147220969 occurred at IMAQdx Configure Acquisition.vi

This error code is undefined.

In this .vi the dll "niimaqdx.dll" is executed, and I've checked that the version of this .dll is the same on both computers.

The version of IMAQdx.llb in my vi.lib/vision/driver folder is also the same.

I'm on windows 7 64-bit (also both computers).

Can anyone help me understand what the difference is between my two computers, and why Snap works on one and not the other.

I should mention that the camera works fine on both computers in third party software, such as the Logitech Webcam Software.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,406 Views)

Hello Oksavik,

Just a thought but is it possilbe that one of the computers has a USB 3.0 versus USB 2.0 port? Is one of the computers connected to the camera through a USB hub or some other kind of intermediate connection?

Regards,

Collin D.
Software Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,391 Views)

Hello, and thank you for you reply.

I've tried two ports on the second computer (USB2, which the camera supports), and they behave the same.

No USB hub is used.

I asked this question on the "Machine Vision" board as well, and got a reply (FYI):

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/imaqdx-unknown-error-80040217/m-p/3230651#M46521

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,387 Views)

Thanks for letting me know. Thread continued at:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/imaqdx-unkn​own-error-80040217/m-p/3230651#M46521

Collin D.
Software Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,380 Views)