cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

image in wordreport tabale cell

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I m trying to insert image into my desired  cell of my wordreport table,it is being inserted but into cells other than my described cell.How can i insert it in any cell   that in which i  want.I am going into my desired cell by Gotocell number function and Gotonext cell functions than after reaching into my desired cell of the table  i insert image with the function insertimageincell,it is being inserted but not in that cell where i reside at that time.

How can i fix this problem please?

Imran from lovely pakistan.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,994 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Emran

Hello Emran,

Are you passing the tablehandle right after setting the row and column number? The inert image function inserts to the current table cell saved in the tablehandle.

From the help, it is important to remember that the rows and columns are 1-based and not 0-based.

Jacob R. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments

Message 2 of 5
(2,986 Views)

Thanks dear sir Jacob R.

Emran.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,978 Views)

Hi Emran,

I am sorry that I did not see this post earlier, but I have been away from the forums for a few weeks. I actually know the exact issue you are facing and it is a bug that we fixed in CVI 2012. The problem is with the GoToCell function working correctly in newer version of Microsoft Word. If you cannot upgrade to CVI 2012, there are a couple of options to work around it. 1) Use a Word doc with the 97-2003 file format. You can create a blank Word document and select Save As >> Word 97-2003 Document. If you load this Word doc instead of creating a new one, the GoToCell function will work properly. Likely, you do not need the features of the later version of Word anyway. 2) Alternatively, you can use the WriteToCell function with a blank string instead of GoToCell. WriteToCell lets you specify which cell to write to. Once it writes the string, it leaves the cursor there which allows you to then place your image.

This is related to known issue with bug ID 335556.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,945 Views)
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,870 Views)