LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to resolve unknown pragma warning for PassOrigPtrInfoForVoidPtrParam pragma?

While compiling my code with CVI, I'm getting "Uknown pragma" warnings for "PassOrigPtrInfoForVoidPtrParam" pragma used in the utility.h header file. How can I remove them ? These warnings are reported by the Microsoft C compiler (VC++), in every source file which is #including this header. Any support will be helpful. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,856 Views)
I believe that the use of #pragma[s] are compiler specific and that the 'PassOrigPtrInfoForVoidPtrParam' pragma is specific to the CVI native compiler. Have you tried commenting the offending code out of utility.h and recompiling (probably want to make a backup of utility.h just in case)?

It looks like that particular pragma is trying to protect from improper pointer casting or misuse of dynamic memory. I would try recompiling with VC++ after commenting out that particular pragma from utility.h.

For reference check out the CVI reference from within CVI under Help->LabWindows/CVI Bookshelf. Perform a search for 'pragma' within the Programmer's Reference Manual.

Hope that helps! Post again with any further inquiries.

Craig H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,856 Views)