cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to register ActiveX server exe for all users

Solved!
Go to solution

Good morning,

I am aware that with newer versions of CVI and Windows that when you build an ActiveX Server exe, it only registers the server for the user profile.  I read one of the NI white papers that stated an administrator for the PC can register the server for all users.  I am an administrator for the development PC we are using.  I went to the command promptand ran it as the PC administrator.  I then navigate to the path of the exe.  I issued the regserver command.  Unfortunately I am unable to differentiate whether the server exe has been registered for all users or if it still only associated with my user profile.  Our server exe gets called by another CVI program.  To validate if the server exe had been registered for all users, I had a user who had not built server exe on the development PC login and try to launch the server exe from within his own CVI program.  When this was attempted, the user received a "Class not registered" error.  The user was not able to successfully launch the server exe until he built it on the PC himself.  It doesn't appear that the regserver command as an administrator worked to register the server exe for all users.  Is anyone aware of any steps that I may have missed?

I am working on a Windows 7 with LabWindows/CVI 2013 SP2.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,080 Views)

Yes.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,066 Views)