LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to move to the next cell in excel sheet

hi,

i am working with excel sheet using cvi. i need to put data in cells for that i have function ExcelRpt_WriteData();

but with this i can give fixed cell range , instead of that is there any function in cvi to point next cell automatically instead of giving cell range we will give intially starting cell range then it has to point to next cell in the sheet. is there any function to do that what i amn expecting.

Thanks & Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,799 Views)

Hello,

Excel Report Generation instrument is built on top of excel2000.fp, the complete ActiveX interface to Excel. excel2000.fp is loaded together with ExcelReport.fp when you run your project, and you should be able to use functions from both instruments in your app (I have not tested it but since ExcelReport is a wrapper of calls to excel2000 instrument, I'm confident it is true).

Given this, you can look at excel2000dem example project that you can find on your disk in samples\activex\excel folder together with excelreportdemo which you may have already studied. In this example there are functions to write to a range of cells addressed by row and col indexes, specifically Excel_RangeSetItem (). This can be a good starting point: there is not the automatic cell advance, but you can address cells individually so you can develop your function according to your needs. Excel2000.fp is a low level interface to Excel: in this respect it is a bit more obscure and requires more effort in use but includes more functions than ExcelReport.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(2,796 Views)