From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how creat flle and and how to write file network

eg:\\bissstorage\Backups\sudhir

i want to write inside ths folder...how to get path

i tried this one 

iFile = OpenFile ("\\bissstorage\\Backups\\sudhir\\TransducersDetails\\TransducersDetails.txt" , VAL_READ_WRITE, VAL_APPEND, VAL_ASCII); 

but its not working im using cvi 5.5

thank you

Sudhir

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,640 Views)

In a network pathname, some backslashes are doubled due to UNC naming rules: you must reflect this in your string, considering that each backslash character must be doubled to be used as is and not as an escape marking; that is, this string should work:

iFile = OpenFile ("\\\\bissstorage\\Backups\\sudhir\\TransducersDetails\\TransducersDetails.txt" , VAL_READ_WRITE, VAL_APPEND, VAL_ASCII); 

The same applies in case you want to build up the path with MakePathname: in this case you should do the following:

char    file[512];

MakePathname ("\\\\bissstorage", "Backups", file);

MakePathname (file, "sudhir", file);

MakePathname (file, "TransducersDetails", file);

MakePathname (file, "TransducersDetails.txt" , file); 

iFile = OpenFile (file , VAL_READ_WRITE, VAL_APPEND, VAL_ASCII); 

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(4,615 Views)

thank you sir its working now...

one question sir evry time i post you will give ans...how you got this much knowledge...??

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,612 Views)

It's just that I've been working with CVI for many years... and you ask questions I can answer! Smiley Wink

(4,586 Views)

how can i improve my knowldge.. i have  2 year exp in dsp and cvi...what and all i shuold study ..

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,554 Views)

I don't know how to answer, I'm a self-taught programmer, no books or courses.

Instead, I analized every single piece of code I could put my hands on, from shipped examples to user contributions on this and other forum, MSDN documentation, manuals...; I studied CVI documentation, the Programmer Reference for first down to single instructions help.

Most of all, I consider myself still learning: I know I could find unknown aspects of C and CVI, and indeed I'm still finding programming gems in forum posts!

hi iam using cvi 5.5 version from fast 5 yrs we using cvi 5.5...how to change my appliction icon..i want to add picture

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,501 Views)