cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in excel2000.h

Solved!
Go to solution

hi

I ma trying to create report uisng Excel . I tested with smaple code its working fine  but when i trying to add in to my project  its giving an error  like  "excel2000.h"(7333,66) error: expected ')',What could be the issue , Please give me solution   . 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,707 Views)

Please reply any one who knows . 

@patil1983 wrote:

hi

I ma trying to create report uisng Excel . I tested with smaple code its working fine  but when i trying to add in to my project  its giving an error  like  "excel2000.h"(7333,66) error: expected ')',What could be the issue , Please give me solution   . 

When i am trying to add Excel2000.h  file its shows "excel2000.h"(7333,66) error. please reply ..

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,544 Views)

patil1983,

I suspect there's a problem with either your project build settings or some conflict in your source code.

Will adding the excel2000.h file to a new blank project (e.g. project from template) also cause the compile error? I assume not. In this case, you could begin determining what's causing the build issue in your project by starting off with a blank CVI project and then incrementally adding files and code to your new project until the error appears.

What version of LabWindows/CVI are you using?

Best regards!

- Johannes

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,523 Views)

I am uisng 13.0.2 version . 

I have an working  my  project  ,  I wnat to generate reprot in Excel  so for that iam trying to add Excel2000.h file but its giving an error .  As below .Excel Error.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,501 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author patil1983

patil1983,

I suspect that your error is originating inside your source code, somewhere before you are #including excel.h.

You should be able to trace the bug down by looking at the build errors in excel2000.h: at each occurence of the error, the compiler is complaining about the space parameter. Most likely you have redefined space somewhere in your source code to something like this:

#define space " "

That #define will make the compiler replace all occurences of the space token, even in excel2000.h, leading to invalid function declarations, thus causing the compile errors.

Best regards!

- Johannes

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,492 Views)

THANKS FOR YOUR RPLY  .Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,438 Views)