LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error Undefined symbol '___CompiledDebuggingLevel' referenced in "c:\program files\national instruments\cvi90\bin\Msvc\cvistart.lib".

Hi i am trying to create a release executable , but when i get the following 4 link errors. can anyone please let me know what could be the problem. Thanks in advance

Undefined symbol '___CompiledDebuggingLevel' referenced in "c:\program files\national instruments\cvi90\bin\Msvc\cvistart.lib".

Undefined symbol '___PtrInfoFixupTable' referenced in "c:\program files\national instruments\cvi90\bin\Msvc\cvistart.lib".

Undefined symbol '___CVI_Sections' referenced in "c:\program files\national instruments\cvi90\bin\Msvc\cvistart.lib".

Undefined symbol '___UFRNameTable' referenced in "c:\program files\national instruments\cvi90\bin\Msvc\cvistart.lib".

regards

kishore

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(7,075 Views)

Have you marked the entire project for compilation?  I would suggest marking the project for compilation and then building again.

Before doing so, delete the cvibuild.* folder.

Those symbols are not new for 9.0.

RayR

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(7,067 Views)

We are able to bulid the project in debug Mode. We are facing the problem when try to bulid it Release Mode.

Regards,

Srinivas Padilam

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(7,048 Views)

Yes, I fully understand that you can create it in debug mode.

Are you using only source files to build your project, or are you also using .obj or .lib files? If so, were the .obj or .lib files created as part of this build (with CVI)?  Or were they created with some third-party compiler? 

Did you try my previous advice to delete the contents of the cvibuild.* folder.  Then marking the entire project for compilation before building the release version?  Do not attempt a debug version in between the steps.

R

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(7,042 Views)

I am having this same problem with VCI2009.  I have deleted the build folder and marked all for recomplile.  I get the following only for Release Confguration (Debug is fine):

Errors generated when performing a 'release' build'
clear_history_ecu_data.prj(Release) - 4 link errors
 Undefined symbol '___CompiledDebuggingLevel' referenced in "c:\program files\national

instruments\cvi2009\bin\msvc\cvistart.lib".
 Undefined symbol '___PtrInfoFixupTable' referenced in "c:\program files\national

Undefined symbol '___CVI_Sections' referenced in "c:\program files\national

Undefined symbol '___UFRNameTable' referenced in "c:\program files\national

Any other thoughts,

Thanx,

thefalk

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(6,702 Views)
Does this happen with any CVI project that you build, or only with a specific project? If it's only one project, is there anything different about it with respect to other projects? For example, are you including any .obj files with debug info directly in the project?
Raj
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(6,680 Views)

Raj,

I have two workspaces.  One with one project and one with mahy projects.  It happens with all projects.  I will have to check if I am using any debug compiled .obj's.

Thanx,

thefalk

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(6,643 Views)

thefalk,

Are you able to compile one of the CVI shipping examples in release mode?

These examples can be found at 

<Documents>\National Instruments\CVI2009\samples

Raj
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(6,618 Views)

Raj,

I tried to compile one of the samples (clock.cws) and was successful.

Then I went back and tried to build my release.  Now this was successful.

I went back and forth several times between the debug and release builds.  I had to add or delete or replace one or more of the function panels and had to re-insert on of the FP functions.  (I was getting an un-defined symbol link error on a call to 'na65DL2_config_lvdt_inPhase' even though the FP was in both the project Instrument files folder and the CVI Instruments folder.

I am now able to build both the release and debug versions, although I don't know why it was failing before.  All I did was build the release version oc clock.cws.

Thanx,

thefalk

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(6,581 Views)

I have the same problem with CVI 2009 SP1, so I did some tests:

• I have two releases of tha same big project (say A and B)
  • I can reproduce the problem in this way:
  1. launch CVI
  2. open the workspace A
  3. open the workspace B (so that A is closed)
  4. build Release executable for project B

If I open the workspace B immediately after launching CVI, it works fine.

A and B are linked to many *.lib and *.obj, that have the same names but different versions for the two projects.

So I think that CVI loads something (*.lib and/or *.obj???) when I open the workspace A, and doesn't unload them before loading workspace B, so that their B release isn't loaded, and this produces the error.

If I open workspace B as the first one, the right release is loaded and everything works fine.

Are this informations useful to isolate and solve this problem?

Vix
-------------------------------------------
In claris non fit interpretatio

-------------------------------------------
Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(6,271 Views)