LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

empty folders

This occurs with several CVI versions (my latest is 2012). When using the function DirSelectPopup or FileSelectPopup and steering over to a folder that has numerous sub-folders or files, I often (not always) get an empty folder displayed. The only way to see the sub-folders or files is to back out one level and select that same folder again.It may take 2 or 3 tries before it works. It appears to timeout if there is too many sub-folders. Is there a solution to this annoying problem? I see it on Windows XP and 7.

Thanks, Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,544 Views)

Does pressing [F5] to refresh the view help ?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,524 Views)

Pressing [F5] has no effect.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,518 Views)

Can you try using FileSelectPopupEx instead? It runs on Win7 and uses a different set of APIs (on WinXP it results in a call to standard FileSelectPopup function, though).

With how many subfolders does the function time out?

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

It appears to work with the Win 7 machine although the problem is intermittent. There are days when I see it all the time and others when I can't get it to happen. So far, no problems on the win 7 but still issues with the XP.

Thanks, Mike

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,498 Views)

I forgot to mention that I do not know the exact number of folders that cause the problem. I believe when there are over 50, I see it more often.

-Mike

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,497 Views)