LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dynamic 2d string array (returned to TestStand)

I am trying to read a 2d string array from a file and pass it back to TestStand

I have made a shortened version of my code that uses nested for loops to generate data instead of reading from a file.

if I define the 2d string array in the beginning I can pass it back with the following code:

errChk( CA_VariantSet2DArray (&tmpVariant, CAVT_CSTRING, ROW_SIZE,COLUMN_SIZE, My2DstrArray));
    tsErrChk( TS_PropertySetValVariant(seqContextCVI, &errorInfo, "FileGlobals.TestData", 0, tmpVariant));

If I use dynamic allocation I get an error that says the array is too small (on the first line I wrote above) even thought the data looks the same in the watch window

the attached file has 2 functions (FillArrayFromFile1 and FillArrayFromFile2) the first one works, the second one gives me the error

I can't figure out why any help would be appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,403 Views)

Hi,

I found another forum post that seems to be responding to a similar issue. In this case, the solution was to make an array variable in TestStand and make a check to an empty array. You should then be able to pass any size of array from the CVI array output to the TestStand array variable.

Is this what you were already doing, or were you taking a different approach?

For more information, here is the link to that forum post:

Array out(dynamic size) from Labview module adapter
http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/crawl_message?board.id=330&message.id=41322

Alex C.

National Instruments

Applications Engineer

Alex C.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,355 Views)