LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

distribution kit run time engine

Hi is it possible to create a distribution kit with a higher version RunTimeEngine than the one being used to create it? I would like to include cvi2009 rte with my distribution kit built using labwindows cvi 9.0..

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,838 Views)

If I'm not mistaken, all you would have to do is install CVI 2009 on the build machine.  The installer will place the CVI 2009 Runtime merge modules into the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Merge Modules directory, which CVI 9.0 would then grab when it creates the distribution kit.  Hope this helps.  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,796 Views)

Hi tstanley, thanks!, but unfortunately i do not have cvi 2009 all i have is cvi 2009's run time engine. Anyway of telling cvi which rte to take while building distribution kits? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,792 Views)

I'm not sure if the runtime engine installer by itself will install the merge modules.  You can install CVI 2009's evaluation version, which will install the merge modules, but I don't know if that will work correctly in terms of creating a functional distribution from CVI 9.0.  Perhaps someone from NI can comment?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,782 Views)

Hi Sinnas,

Is the 2009RTE installed on this machine? If it is, do you not see it as addintional installer in your build specifications?

Thanks,

M-Jr

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,775 Views)