LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

displaying image on canvas as background for joystick display

i am displating my joystick on canvas sucessfully and now i want to add a background image to it for better display please guide in detail. thanks in advance .. ahsan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,261 Views)

Hello ahsan, you can use CanvasDrawBitmap to draw ain image on the canvas.

When searching for a function on a particular control, you can right-click on the control and choose "Control help" in the context menu: in case of the canvas you'll arrive to this help page where some useful resources are grouped. You can look at Programming with Canvas Controls to get some tip on how to use the control in you applications, of simply choose Canvas Control Functions to get a list of all function that can be used on that control. In this page CanvasDrawBitmap is listed.

Additionally, if you go to Help >> Find examples... and search for canvas, you'll get a list of sample projects related to that control: "Alphablend" is one of them that shows how to draw an image on the canvas.

By using these tips you'll be able to proceed in your work without necessarily wait for some forum user to help you.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(4,254 Views)

its good to have  communication with experts then to be jumping alone in the pond

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,188 Views)