LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

daq driver for windows 10

Hi,

I have c-DAQ 9171 which i have been using for one of my project for three years now. We have upgraded all our PC to  windows 10.  I couldn't find a DAQ driver for  windows 10. The latest relese seems to be DAQMX15.1.  Can somebody help me with this?.  I have generated a applciation file for my labview program which i am going to installl in 2 or three computers which has win10 for data collection from CDAQ-9171.  

Note: The application(.exe) files are generated using LabVIEW 2010. I am planning to install LabVIEW Runtime engine 2015 in all the other computers. I hope there will not be any compatability issue. Please correct me if i am wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,390 Views)

Hello, why are you saying the 9171 is not supported on later DAQmx releases? I have installed rel 14 and find the chassis among the supported devices (see also the readme for this release that lists the chassis). I could also create a simulated chassis 9171 in MAX! The problem can arise not in the chassis itself but rather in the module that you install into it: which module are you using?

With reference to your last question, I seem to remember that LabVIEW executable must be run against the same runtime as the deveolpment environment, so your plan to develop in 2010 and install the RTE 2015 may not work. I am not sure if this applies to the most recent releases of LabVIEW, though: you may want to post this question to the proper board (you have actually posted in LabWindows/CVI forum board Smiley Wink )

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(4,382 Views)
The runtime version of LabVIEW MUST match the version that the exe was built with. Your 2010 version of LabVIEW is unsupported on Windows 10 and the version of DAQmx you need is not supported with your version of LabVIEW. You really need to upgrade LabVIEW.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,378 Views)

Thanks Dennis. I have one more doubt.  I faced a similar problem where i generated .exe file from labView 2010 and tried to run the same in windows 10 with NI Visa 15.4 and Runtime engine 2015. It didn't work properly. But it is working properly on all the systems with win7 with runtime engine 2010 and supported visa. Do you suggest the similar compatabilty issue in this case too? I just want to be sure with experts opinion before purchasing LabView 2015.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,369 Views)
I already said that, didn't I? It's not a suggestion.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,357 Views)