From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cvixml.fp available for use in cvi 5.5

Solved!
Go to solution

I am restricted to using CVI 5.5 due to the large number of programs already written.  I now have a requirement to generate xml documents.  Is the cvixml.fp available for download and can it be used in CVI 5.5?

regards

KelUk

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,764 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author KelUk

Hi kel,

Good afternoon and I hope your well today.

I have done some research into your question and I have found the following resources. 

The CVIXML toolbox instrument (cvixml.fp) automatically loads the Microsoft XML version library was a feautre of CVI 7.0 - including the XML API for easy document creation and editing. But you could manually parse the XMLyourself.

Looking at this forum post,

"I am looking for an example of how to utilize the MSXML3 or 4 Active X Server in CVI 5.5 and SVI 6.0. Can Someone provide a boiler plate example to parse and write an XML Format File or a good reference to using this in Active X under CVI."

The reply was

"Using ActiveX in CVI 6.0 is very simple!
Select Tools»Create ActiveX Controllor pick the server you want to use and step through the rest of the wizard.

When you are done CVI will have created a .fp file which you can add to the project from Instrument»Load. In the instrument menu you will then see an entry for your ActiveX server which will expose all of the methods, give you get and set functions for each property, and allow you to install callbacks for all ActiveX events."

However, you are required to use CVI 5.5 and I found this forum saying there isn't a way to create ActiveX Server project in CVI 5.5. You can create DLL's with type library information, but not an object-based COM or ActiveX interface.

Please let me know your thoughts, 

Kind Regards
James Hillman
Applications Engineer 2008 to 2009 National Instruments UK & Ireland
Loughborough University UK - 2006 to 2011
Remember Kudos those who help! 😉
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,740 Views)

Hi Hillman,

That is exactly what I'm after. In CVI 5.5 the 'tools>Create ActiveX etc etc' works.  I now have the function panel with all the fuctionality I could want!

Thanks for the help,

regards,

Kel

Message 3 of 5
(3,687 Views)

Hi kel,

Good afternoon and I hope your well today.

That is excellent news! 

Best wishes with your application. 

Kind Regards
James Hillman
Applications Engineer 2008 to 2009 National Instruments UK & Ireland
Loughborough University UK - 2006 to 2011
Remember Kudos those who help! 😉
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,684 Views)

I am using Measurement Studio Version 6.0 Labwindows CVI and cvixml.fp feature was not found too. Which active x should i use? Can anyone provide more details on the topic? I tried to add MSXML 4.0 but was hard for me to use and program with it. No much sample for me to refer, appreciate if anyone can help new bird here. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,862 Views)