From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cvi 64bit exe and sql toolkit

Hi all

I am using CVI 2013 SP2 and SQL toolkit 2.3 on win7 64bit machine

In order to connect to *.mdb file i use the following statement

hdbc = DBConnect("DRIVER=Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb);DBQ=c:\\Temp\\Sampl.mdb") ;

When ia compile & run as 32bit exe it works

When ia compile & run as 64bit exe i get the following:

0x00000FEC:   Function DBConnect: (return value == -10 [0xfffffffffffffff6]). Native error code -2147467259 0x80004005 Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers:     [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks for advance

Gabel Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,248 Views)

Hi Gabel,

Are you using the 32bit version of odbcad32.exe or 64bit? This might be because you did not install the 64 bit ODBC driver.

This might be a helpful link: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E7984C0DA0F0E65086257694005B4CB7?OpenDocument

I hope this helps!

T. Le
Vision Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,209 Views)

Hi T. Le

Thanks for the reply

I have already checked the link you suggested with no luck

you can try the sample that come with the sql toolkit "connect".compile it as 64 bit exe & run it

it will no work.Further more you can not set DSN for *.mdb in the odbc32.exe (the 64bit version).

I resolved my immediate problem by writing all my sql staff in separate 32bit exe. That app communicate with my main 64bit app via shared memory.

thanks

Gabel Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,203 Views)

I can read in the readme file for SQL Toolkit 2.3 (which appears to be not available on NI site but should be installed on your machine):

Note   To run example programs in 64-bit mode, you must use a 64-bit Microsoft Access driver, which is not included with the LabWindows/CVI SQL Toolkit. You can download the Microsoft Access Database Engine Redistributable, which includes drivers you need to run in 64-bit mode, from the Microsoft website. Note that the 64-bit driver cannot be installed concurrently with 32-bit versions of Microsoft Office.

As I can understand, you don't have a 64-bit driver installed and that's why you cannot run 64-bit examples. the link given above points you to Microsoft site where to download the appropriate driver.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(3,199 Views)

Hi Roberto

Thanks for the help

It was very helpful

Gabel Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,195 Views)