LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cross platform builds?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm running on Windows 7, but need to build a version of the app for XP. Can someone point me in the right direction for this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,167 Views)

If both applications are 32 bit there should be no difference, otherwise you would need to compile and build one 32 and one 64 bit release.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,166 Views)

OK, well for whatever reason, I'm getting a message that says:

"The application failed to initialize properly (0x0000005)"

If it's not a build issue, what might it be?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,159 Views)

I guess you will need to provide some additional information... Are you using the CVI distribution kit? What happens if you run the program in debug mode?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,152 Views)

Last night, I tried using the distribution manager within CVI, and got a message saying that because I'm an evaluation customer, it wasn't available.

I re-installed CVI 2012 (for a different reason), and now it seems to work. So I created a distribution, but it's just a directory with a lot of files. Is there a way to bundle these into a single, self-extracting file?

EDIT: I found a .msi file in a subdirectory. It appears to depend upon a large Distfile.cab. So...how should I plan on distributing this? In other words, how much of the folder cvidistkit.app_name should I be zipping up and sending to people?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,134 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mzimmers

@mzimmers wrote:

So...how should I plan on distributing this? In other words, how much of the folder cvidistkit.app_name should I be zipping up and sending to people?

everything...

Message 6 of 7
(3,125 Views)

OK, will do. Makes for a distressingly large package, though. About 30 MB unzipped.

Thanks for the answer.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,122 Views)