From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create desktop shortcut with CVI

Using the "create distribution kit" of LabWindows CVI, is it possible to create final program shortcuts BOTH inside the Start+subfolder menu AND onto the desktop ?
Thanks,
Marco

P.S. no way for me to browse with success the development library ! It answers things miles away from the question and (extremely annoying) most of them about LabView even if the question explicitly contains "LabWindows CVI"...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,944 Views)
On the searching question, try the "More Search Options" at the "Ask" screen for the Discusion Forum. Then specify LabWindows/CVI in the drop down box.

Another option is to exclude "LabView" using the Exclude box.

On the shortcut question, I think you could put in multiple groups in your distribution kit, one for each shortcut location (Start Menu & Desktop), with different locations in the "Create Shortcuts" box. This may result in a larger distribution kit, but the desired result.

Not too elegant, but otherwise I think you may need to edit the MSI file with something like Orca.
Message 2 of 3
(2,944 Views)
Thanks Ian,
it works. I added a group containing the same files of the main group (i.e. "myproject Files") with a different shortcut.
Browsing the database with your tips is working also and now finding the desired items is much easier.
Thanks again,
Bye
Marco
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,944 Views)