LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

counter function for counting TTL signal input

I am writing program for counting the TTL signal input to PCI6036E board.But I don't know what counter in the labwin/cvi library should be use:GPCTR,CTR,or ICTR?
When I use CTR,or ICTR,the "error" shows:the device
doesn't support the action. when I use GPCTR,the "error" is: no setup has been performed for the resource,or some resource require a specific ordering of calls for proper setup. Another question is: the TTL signal should be connected to PFI3/GPCTR1_source pin on the PCI6036E board?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,481 Views)
If you want to use the counters on a PCI-6036e board you have to use the GPCTR_ functions.Please see the NI-DAQ User Manual under General Purpose Counter/Timer functions and the NI-DAQ Function Reference Help for GPCTR_Set_Application function.There is also a sample program in the CVI\SAMPLES\DAQ\CTR directory like the STCeventCount.prj which is doing event counting.Dependend on which one of the both counters you are going to do event counting you have to connect your signal to one of the GPCTR_x source pin's and the ground reference of your signal to DIG GND.

Regards,
Heinrich Illig
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,481 Views)