LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chinese charset display problems

Hello, I'm loading some strings from an .ini file, using Ini_GetRawStringCopy. The file is edited with Notepad++ using the charset GB2312 and everything is displayed fine here in the text editor. Unfortunately, starting a GUI created with LabWindows/CVI 2013, the charset is not displayed properly. For other GUI elements, I'm using a .lwl file and everything looks fine here. Please see the image, the left strings are from the lwl-file, the right ones from the ini-file:

example.jpg

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,550 Views)

Hi,

I cannot tell you what you are making wrong without your program code. Please attached it and will look it and respond as soon as possible.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,414 Views)

As far as I know inifile.fp instrument driver doesn't support Unicode files and uses the codepage set for the operating system.

The CVI localization feature is a wrapper which handles files and their visualization in a way which is independent of the OS codepage.

It could be (but I'm not sure) that your ini files work properly if the codepage of the OS is set to GB2312.

Otherwise you must write your own wrapper to handle ini files witht this codepage

Vix
-------------------------------------------
In claris non fit interpretatio

-------------------------------------------
Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,345 Views)