LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot get correct polarity from input

I running an Analog scan of all of my 16 channels on a PCI-6025E card. The card is set up for Non-Referenced Single ended, and 10v bipolar. When I start up my scan, aquire all of the points I want, scale the data (using DAQ_VScale) I find that the data is 5v bipolar. I have tried calling the AI_Configure function to make sure that the card is truly in 10v bipolar before I start my scan, but that has no effect.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,966 Views)
Telsenbroich,

Does your data appear to be scaled correctly, with an upper-limit of 5V, or does it appear to be scaled incorrectly? What value are you specifying for the gain input parameter of the DAQ_VScale function? If you are seeing an upper-limit of 5V for your data, your gain value may be incorrect.

Spencer S.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,966 Views)
Thank you for your response.
Yes, my readings do appear correct. The gain value for DAQ_VScale is 1. I am getting +-10V using MAX, but I just cannot get my porgram to see +-10V. I have had the same problem with some of the example programs as well.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,966 Views)
You will need to specify a gain value of -1. This corresponds to the actual gain of 0.5 used for the +/-10V range.

Spencer S.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,966 Views)