LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot connect to real-time target.... ugh I give up!

Solved!
Go to solution

This one is really frustrating... I haven't been doing much with Labwindows for a long time, so in getting back into it... I just installed LW/CVI 2013 on a new machine in my lab.  hooked up a new PXI chassis, formatted a new drive in it and installed all the drivers.  When trying to connect to the target from labwindows environment I get the popup in the screenshot.  As you can see, the chassis is on the network, at the right ip, and the drivers are installed on the target.... what is wrong!?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(5,374 Views)

Well i installed all the drivers from the Aug 2013 drivers disk... so not sure why the platform version would be out of date....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(5,362 Views)

Hello bpearson,

What versions of CVI Real-Time Module and MAX do you have?

Constantin

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(5,346 Views)

As a quick test, temporarily disable your firewall and try connecting again. Does that make a difference?

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(5,343 Views)

I have MAX Version 14.0 and LabWindows/CVI Development 2013/SP1, and realtime module 2013

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(5,318 Views)

In a lab enviroment on an isolated subnet... no firewall on at all....

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(5,318 Views)

Hello,

Can you upgrade CVI Real-Time Module to 2013 SP1?

This problem occurs with CVI Real-Time Module  2013 and MAX 14.0.

Constantin

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(5,312 Views)

great.... no... love problems like this that can only be solved by upgrading... ie spending money... I don't have maintenance anymore, so SP1 will cost me apparently... so will downgrading Max work too then?  I don't understand why MAX would interfere though if I am running Labwindows... does Labwidows environment call into Max libraries when trying to connect to a target?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(5,306 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bpearson

Hello,

It's acutally NI System Configuration wich comes with MAX and interferes when installing CVI Real-Time on the target.

Downgrading MAX should solve the problem.

If you don't want to upgrade to CVI Real-Time Module to 2013 SP1 there is also an workaround:

Edit C:\Program Files\National Instruments\RT Images\CVI\version\cvilvrt.cdf and do one of the following:
        Remove the CVIRealTimePeer entry.
        Specify the desired IP or host name.
    Reinstall the LabWindows/CVI Run-Time Engine for RT component to the target via NI MAX.

Have a nice day,

Constantin

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(5,299 Views)