LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't get the Zebra label to print label correctly

I took a new Zebra printer model GX430t out of the box, installed the ribbon and label.  Label size is: 1.375" w x 1.875" h.

The following commands were sent via LabWindows CVI 2010 (Windows 7) executable.

^XA
^PR13
^LH460,360 
^FO0,12 
^ARI,30,16
^BY2,3
^BCI,100,Y,N
^FDa, 4FE1211FFC1
^FS 
^PQ1

^XZ

My executable printed the bars unreadable by a scanner and print quality was low when comparing to the ZebraDesigner's output.  After switching back and forth a few times between the CVI executable in one PC and ZebraDesigner in another PC, the printer only print now from ZebraDesigner, and nothing printed with the CVI executable but the printer fed the label correctly.  What am I missing from the CVI ?   Thanks in advance for any help.

action - Apr 26, 2013

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,070 Views)

It's been a long time since I last used a zebra printer so this may be a silly hint, but if I'm not wrong ^FD command takes no parameters, so unless you are trying to actually print "a, 4FE1211FFC1" that line looks strange.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(4,065 Views)
Thank you for Roberto's reply to correct the syntax.

With MAX and running VISA interactive IO, I was able to query the printer configuration.  After adjusting the print darkness and correct the syntax using VISA IO, and saved the printer configuration, the bar code came out correctly.    

^XA^JUF^XZ -- set factory default setting
^XA^MD23^XZ -- change print darkness
^XA^HH^XZ -- query printer configuration
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,006 Views)

Was your printer connected via the network??

I have the same printer and I need to integrate printing in my test software but us, the printer is connected via TCP/IP.

How dis you manage to send stuff to print??

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,486 Views)