LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calling resman in labWindows

I made a application using LabWindows and addressing VME64x card via pci_mxi2 and vme-mxi2 hardware. A the beginning of the sesion it is neccesary to start Resman separately. Would it be possible to start Resman inherently in my Labwindows application? The only thing that can change from session to session is the VME64x card address. Would it be possible to set this address from my application?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,983 Views)
The following knowledgbase tells how you can launch the Resman.exe and gives additional command line options.
KnowledgeBase 0OM7OT52 : The Resource Manager (Resman) Explained and Useful Tips

Also, according to VXI Specifications, you can not run Resman twice. Most Instruments do not behave nicely under these circumstances anyways. You can programmatically tell if Resman has ran or not. This is an UNSUPPORTED feature and may not work as expected under all circumstances. See the info below.

Title:
How Do I Programatically Tell if Resman Has Run on My System?

Problem:
How do I programatically tell if Resma
n has run on my system? I want to run Resman from my application only if it needs to be run.

Solution :
There is an undocumented field in GetDevInfo. All you need to do is call GetDevInfoLong (0,0x8110), where 0 is the logical address and 0x8110 is the field for determining if Resman has run.

The return values are:
0: Resman has been run sucessfully
258 (0x102): Resman has not run yet
Anything else: not sure - this is undocumented

Refer to devinfo.h for more undocumented fields.

You can also consult the NI-VXI API Help files by going to Start » Programs » National Instruments » VXI » NI-VXI API » NI-VXI API
Joji
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,983 Views)