From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

button command password

Hi again,

I'm sorry to aking all these questions but I have almost finish my program, I want it to be functionnal :3

After the Excel security, I would put one on the "STOP" button of my program. Indeed, currently, averyone can press on STOP and my program is useless (the operator will not be in front of the PC everytime). The computer have to be protected from people to warn.

So, is there a way to ask a "password" or any other security when the operator press on STOP ?

I already found the "pwsample.prj" but I don't know what to do with that (I work on LW2009)

Thank you for your time,

Matthieu

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,537 Views)

If you already have found the example of the password control you are almost done!

You can setup a simple panel with a string control and a OK button, convert the string control to a password control, display the panel and check password control value when the user presses OK: if correct, dismiss the panel and close your program.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(2,517 Views)

I'll try to do that in a few days, thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,487 Views)

I found an other solution,

I have a "NUMERIC" control whereI can change the value.

GetCtrlVal from the control : &code ;

if (code==0000) { Do action}

It's easier to me and it works.

Thank you anyway for you answer !

Matthieu

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,480 Views)