From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

build project causes CVI to crash

Hello,

I have recently installed Lab Windows CVI 2009 (9.1.0).  Certain projects when I go to build them cause CVI to crash.  There is no error message or any indication what went wrong.  These same projects used to work under Lab Window 8.  I have tried re-creating the project and it still causes CVI to crash.

Has anyone seen this problem?

Operating System: Windows XP SP3.

Thanks,

Garth

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,846 Views)

Hi Garth,

I was wondering if any projects build successfully. For example, can you build one of the example programs that ships with CVI? 

Regards,

Hassan Atassi
Senior Group Manager, Digital Support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,820 Views)

Hi Hassan,

Yes, I can build other projects.  It seems related to the installing of ni-visa 5.0.3.  I re-installed Lab Windows CVI 2009 and the project would build fine. But I was having issues with ni-visa specifically NI SPY it would start up but always stay minimized no matter what I tried.  So I reinstalled NI-VISA, and I had the same issue with building the project.  I re-installed Lab Windows CVI and the project will build again.  The project that would cause CVI to crash did make use of the VISA libraries.  NI-SPY still will not maximize itself.

Thanks,

Garth

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,798 Views)

It's possible there is a problem with the LabVIEW run-time engine that NI Spy runs off of. Try reinstalling the run-time for LabVIEW 2009 SP1 found below.

LabVIEW Run-time 2009 SP1

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,767 Views)