LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

attribute browser disabled and greyed

We have a 18 PC laboratory with NI software and in some of the PCs (not all of them) the attribute browser is hidden and disabled. All of the PCs have the same version installed (LabWindows/CVI 2013 Service pack 1 FDS 13.0.1 (201)).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,566 Views)

See here, here and here

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,565 Views)

Sorry, but this is not the case. I checked the first two posts beforehand and it is not my case. The third one is an Idea-Exchange so it doesn't solve any problem at all.

The window is actually there, but it appears disabled and grayed out. Selecting any control of the panel doesn't change the behavior.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,551 Views)

Having read this and your others here and here, I wonder whether the defective machines are the same in all cases; if so, have you tried repairing CVI install? Are there any differences between defective and regular machines?

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(4,536 Views)

In the specific case of the greyed out attribute editor, it suggests that one of the following two installation files might be missing:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\CVI2013\bin\propbrowse.lfp
    C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\CVI2013\bin\propbrowse.sub

In the specific case of the missing custom controls, it suggests that the following installation file might be missing:

C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\CVI2013\bin\customCtrls.tui

I second Roberto's suggestion of repairing your installation.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,421 Views)