LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

application developed in labwindows/CVI 2012 doesn't work in other computer

Hi all,

I have labwindows/CVI 2012 installed in one of the lab computer, which doesn't have any PCI acquition cards installed. I compiled the example (WriteDigChan.cws which is along with the CVI 2012) and set the digital channel to "Dev1/port0/line0:7". Also, I created a distribution installation package (including the DAQmx 9.7.0 driver) . This application will be installed in other computer with labview 7.1 and traditional DAQ driver installed (for PCI6713 card). But once I write to the digitial channel with that program, it crashes. There is no special error shown just crashes. I think when I install the distribution package, it will install the DAQmx driver. But when I run the Measurement & Automation Explorer, I only see the 6713 card under the traditional driver, there is not DAQmx driver for that card, does it sound right? I can't think of any reason to cause the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,282 Views)

Hi dragondriver,

Under the Software tab in Measurement & Automation Explorer you should see several entries for NI-DAQmx 9.7.  Can you verify what entries are there?  Also you should see LabWindows/CVI Run-Time.  Could you verify that this is there as well and that it is the same as the version you compiled the example in?

Josh B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,256 Views)

@Joshua-B wrote:

Hi dragondriver,

Under the Software tab in Measurement & Automation Explorer you should see several entries for NI-DAQmx 9.7.  Can you verify what entries are there?  Also you should see LabWindows/CVI Run-Time.  Could you verify that this is there as well and that it is the same as the version you compiled the example in?

Thanks Joshua. I don't have access to the computer now but I will check it later soon. I have one question. In the distribution package, I included

1) NI LabWindows/CVI shared Run-Time Engine (and all sub items below it)

2) NI-DAQmx Core Runtim 9.7

Is that everything I have to include in the distribution? What about NI LabVIEW Run-Time Engine and other stuffs?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,251 Views)

@Joshua-B wrote:

Hi dragondriver,

Hi Joshua,

I just go check the MAX and see that there is one entry for NI-DAQmx9.7.0, that's the one used in the developement computer. Also, I saw the LabWindows/CVI Run-time 12.x.x, that's also the one used in computer. But in the device tab, I only see the traditioanl DAQ. I am trying to add the device for DAQmx but didn't have that option to do so. Do I really have to add the DAQmx device or to install DAQmx driver separately? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,237 Views)

Hi dragondriver,

You will probably want to install NI-DAQmx Run-Time Engine 9.7- (Configuration with MAX) rather than NI-DAQmx Run-Time Enginer 9.7 (Core).  This should allow to use MAX to see the device as a DAQmx device.  I'm including a link to this download below as well as a link to an article on how to re-associate a Traditional DAQ device with DAQmx once MAX configuration support has been installed.

NI-DAQmx Run-Time Engine 9.7 - (Configuration with MAX)

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/3813/lang/en

How to Re-associate Your Traditional DAQ Device With The DAQmx Driver

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/86B8581D39A01DBB86257643005BC13B?OpenDocument

Josh B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,209 Views)