LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anybody has a code example on how to read a waveform from a TDS300 series scope in CVI?

trying to read a waveform from a Tektronix TDS 360 scope through GPIB. I can initialize and configure the instrument but get erros using the waveform to array function call. I'm using a traditional driver for the TDS 360 with Labwindows/CVI 5.x
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,262 Views)
Hi Daquiry,
Generally speaking, every driver comes with a short example that should demonstrate the functionality of the instrument. Check in the instrument driver directory for the example! (Usually located in C:\VXIpnp\WinNT\(Driver name) )

Hope this helps out Daquiry!

Best Regards,
Aaron K.
Application Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,262 Views)
Hi Aaron,

I did find an example in VXIpnp/Win95 that reads a waveform, pretty much what I wanted to do. When I create a project with the example c file and the FP and try to execute I get an error that says "Driver Status Hex 0xbffa0000, o[" which I guess means an IVI error. I removed the installed TDS3x0 driver reinstalled it and tried it again with the same result.
Any tips on how to fix that?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,262 Views)
Hi Daquiry,

The error code you are reporting is an IVI error found in the ivi.h file. The error translates to hex error BFFA0000 and is described by the ivi.h file as IVI_ERROR_CANNOT_LOAD_IVI_ENGINE, which means that the IVI Engine is having problems loading. This could be because the IVI dll is corrupt or not found. In either case, I recommend uninstalling your IVI Engine and installing the IVI Engine downloaded from our website. You can get this at: www.ni.com/downloads Navigate to the IVI section and download the latest version of the engine!

Best Regards,
Aaron K.
Application Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,262 Views)