This widget could not be displayed.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

after migrating to CVI 2013 could not get an exe file

Hi

we are working with CVI 2012 and we wanted now to change to CVI 2013. After installing the update via internet I could not create any exe files anymore. Also with CVI 2012 it is not more possible. After compiling the project I get the following errormessage.

Does any one know what I can do?

thanks

Oliver

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(5,064 Views)

here is the errormessage:

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21
(5,063 Views)

Hi Oliver,

so far you will create a release where some functions of the IMAQ Driver are called.

tests:

1. For clarifying the behaviour create a simple release where no IMAQ function is called.

2. Use the latest IMAQ Driver for your function calls

3. Try to create a release again

Kind regards,

RupiDo

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21
(5,017 Views)

Hello OZI,

Those three functions are defined in the CVI run-time engine, but they are defined (and have been defined) without the @ suffixes. I'm not sure how you got into this state and why you cannot even build in CVI 2012 anymore.

When you updated your system, did you update just CVI or did you update IMAQ as well?

If you have updated IMAQ as well, do you remember which version you used to have? Which one do you have now?

Some things to try are:

1. In CVI, Options >> Build Options >> Default Calling Convention (32-bit) should be "__cdecl".

2. Have you tried removing the cvibuild. folder for your project and rebuilding the project? Maybe some old or corrupted files confuse CVI.

3. Can you build and run example projects in CVI 2012 and CVI 2013?

Thanks,

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21
(4,967 Views)

Hello Peter

> Some things to try are:

> 1. In CVI, Options >> Build Options >> Default Calling Convention (32-bit) should be "__cdecl".

__cdecl is switched on

> 2. Have you tried removing the cvibuild. folder for your project and rebuilding the project? Maybe some old or corrupted files confuse CVI.

Yes, I have tried this several times.

> 3. Can you build and run example projects in CVI 2012 and CVI 2013?

It is not possible to create an exe also with CVI 2012

Meanwhile I got the DVDs with CVI 2013 and Vision 2013 and I reinstalled both but the problems are still there. Remark: First installation was over internet update.

Any ideas?

Oliver

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21
(4,919 Views)

Hello RupiDo

I have deactivate all IMAQdx orders in my program but the error message is still the same.

any ideas?

greetings

Oliver

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(4,916 Views)

> > 3. Can you build and run example projects in CVI 2012 and CVI 2013?

> It is not possible to create an exe also with CVI 2012

I'm assuming that means that you get the same / similar link errors for example projects that do not use IMAQ (for example, samples/apps/life/life.prj). If you get other errors, can you post a screenshot or the build output log (right-click on the build output window and copy/paste all lines)?

Are you building a debug configuration or a release configuration? 32-bit or 64-bit? If you're building release configurations, do you use a third-party compiler?

Options >> Build Options >> Build Process Options >> Active 32/64-bit compiler

Edit >> Project... >> 32/64-bit release configurations...

What instruments (.fp) do you have included in your project or in the Instruments menu? Did you add any libraries to the libraries menu? (Library >> Customize... >> User Libraries). Try removing them if you have any and restart CVI. Specifically try to remove niimaqdx.lib from your project. You should be able to build CVI example projects at least.

Thanks,

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
(4,914 Views)

Hello Peter

meanwhile I deinstalled and reinstalled NIIMAQdx but the same problem.

I tried to build an old project where we didn't use NIIMAQdx and this was working. That means we could build an exe and start it.

We are not using an fp

I tried to build the current project with all NIIMAQ call deactivated but no success

greetings

Oliver

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
(4,905 Views)

Hello Oliver,

I have finally managed to install Vision 2013 on a test machine and I can reproduce the problem with one of our example projects. I have forwarded the issue to our support engineer and the Vision group for further investigation.

I'm sorry I cannot offer a workaround for the problem.

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21
(4,895 Views)

Hello Peter,

that are good news because it was not a mistake from me during the installation. To continue my work I will call back my original system from my golden hard disc. Please send me a note when you have solved the problem.

thanks

Oliver

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21
(4,888 Views)