LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activex control not licensed

Hello.

I am working on a program written in LabWindows.

The program, as I copied it and place it in my PC, works fine. However, when I try to add a control, it compiles fine and when I hit run, I get the message "ActiveX control is not licensed for this operation".

I found some questions like this, in the forum, however I cannot make it work

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabWindows-CVI/Setting-Property-Of-ActiveX-Container/td-p/765196  (I am not ...

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabWindows-CVI/how-to-license-new-activex-control/m-p/56479/highlight/true#M...

Can anyone help me on what to install? I am working on Windows 7.

Thanks,

Vasileios.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(5,733 Views)

What version of LabWindows™/CVI™ are you using? Does this ActiveX control work with any other programs or in another environment?

I believe the .ocx file is required for the ActiveX control to work, so if you do not have that file, then you will need to add it.

Steven Gloor
Staff Customer Engineer - CTA, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(5,713 Views)

OK, I will download the .ocx and let you know tomorrow. But where shall I place it?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(5,708 Views)

It didn't work.

I place it in system32 and registered it but I have the same results.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(5,697 Views)

What ActiveX control are you trying to use and what is it a part of? (i.e. a Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 control etc.) Does it work in any other programs or in another environment?

Can you use other ActiveX controls in this program or does it only seem to be this control? There are a number of other necessary files for an ActiveX control to work as outlined in the second forum thread you referenced in your initial post. Do you have those files in place as well?

Steven Gloor
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(5,686 Views)

Hello.

I don't know what ActiveX controls I am using. This is not my software. It was handed to me so, I have no idea.

How can I find out?

In another PC, it is working fine. I opened the "add/remove programs" in that PC, and there are a bunch of Microsoft .NET programs installed, but they are too many to try to install to my embedded windows cRIO.

I will try to find and download the other files, as you suggested (mentioned in the second link I posted) and I hope it will work.

If you know from the top of your head (correct expression?) any .NET program I should install, please let me know.

Thanks again,

Vasileios.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(5,671 Views)

How are you adding the control? You should know what the control is called or what it is for when you add it.

A likely source for the error is that the ActiveX Object you are using is referencing an unlicensed product or application. For example, if you try to use an NI TestStand ActiveX Object, but you do not have NI TestStand activated/licensed on your computer, you would receive a licensing error such as the one you received.

Steven Gloor
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(5,660 Views)

Hello.

I am adding the control by right clicking on the panel. I get the same fatal error when I am trying to edit a control.

For example, I have a timer and I clicked on the "enable" control setting and I got the same error.

Every time I get that, I have to delete the uir file and bring the old uir file back.

I don't think I have any unlicensed products in the PC. I think that it is some kind of .NET libraries missing issue or something like that, but I don't know which one to add.

For now, when I want to alter my uir file, I am changing it on another PC, copy the new file to an external HDD and bring the HDD to the other PC (cRIO). As you understand, this is very time consuming.

Happy new year!!

Vasileios.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(5,628 Views)

It is possible there is a missing .NET Library, although the error message does point towards a licensing problem instead. If it is a missing library, you will need to determine that library based on what ActiveX control you are trying to use, and we won't be able to help much with that.

Steven Gloor
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(5,593 Views)

Hello.

As I said before, the problem occurs in every control I am trying to use. Be it serial, timer, indicator, checkboxes etc.

You think I should try uninstalling and installing again the CVI?

Vasileios.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(5,525 Views)