LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would like know that is there any standard library availiable for comunicating with USB port like what we have for RS232 an GPIB

1. Would like to any standard library availiable for comunicating with USB port like what we have for RS232 an GPIB
2. Also would like to know if i have code compiled in VC++ can be called using test stand .If possible what r the settings required to be made on the Test stsnd
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,518 Views)
Hi,

USB is much more complex than a serial port. The main difference is that USB supports multiple devices communicating through he same lines, so the communication need to be arbitrated and packet-based. CVI does not offer any USB libraries, the main reason behind this is that every USB device has a different way to communicate; USB defined the bus transfers, but not any standard protocol for devices.

Some companies offer USB-to-RS232 converters that come with a driver that allows you to use RS232 libraries to perform serial communication.

As far as calling VC++ code from TestStand, it is definitely possible, I don�t know any of the details involved; but you may want to consider posting more details in the TestStand forums.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Juan Carlos
N.I.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,518 Views)