LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With PCI-MIO-16E-1 and CVI6 machine hangs

Hi,
We have a data acquition application in labwindows/cvi 6 on windows xp, NI DAQ 6.9.2. For any run time error, when I terminate the application my machine (mouse and keyboard also) hangs. I have to hard boot my machine after that. This problem occurs only when I am accessing board (using either SCAN_Start or DAQ_Start). This problem occurs only on PCI-MIO-16E-1 and not on AT-MIO-16E-2. Also this problem occurs only with CVI 6 and not with previous CVI versions such as CVI 5 and 4. Application comes out gracefully on run time error without hanging my machine for CVI 5 and 4. I am already communicating with NI support regarding this. But the reason I am posting this here is if by chance anyone of u have come across such problem th
en I can get help.
Cheers
Niranjan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,625 Views)
Hello;

It's hard to predict the machine's behavior on a crash event. One thing you can try though, is to upgrade the NI-DAQ version to the latest available on www.ni.com (6.9.3), specially since you are working with XP.

Regards
Filipe A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,625 Views)
Thanks Filipe.
I installed NI-DAQ 6.9.3. But still I am getting same error. Surprising part is this only with CVI 6 and not with CVI 5. If I don't get run time error then it works fine. It acquires data perfectly.
Cheers
Niranjan
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,625 Views)