LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Media Player 11 Full screen issue

Hi, i have been trying to solve this problem for days now and i cannot find a solution.
I am building an application that will be displaying video from a streaming source. I have managed to load the URL onto the WMP 11 ActiveX control and also managed to control some other features that i needed but not matter what i try i cannot get it to display the video full screen. I am running LABWindows/CVI 8.1 and the ACTIVEX i am using is WMP11.
One idea i had is to start a new ActiveX control on a new panel and resize the panel to full screen which will resize the WMP control as well but i am not able to acquire the size of the initial player,and as every different video causes the player to resize automatically i have not been able to implement that either? Is there a way to display full screen or stop the control resizing automatically?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(8,324 Views)
Hi there,

After looking into different ways of doing this, i don't believe you can run WMP in full screen mode from an activex container. When I try to write to the fullscreen property I get an activex error as this is a read only property.

The only way to do it would be to call WMP directly, not have it in a container.

Best of luck
Sarah

Applications Engineer | National Instruments | UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(8,290 Views)
Thanks for you reply Sarah but your answer got me kinda confused. When you say i should call WMP directly do you mean using LaunchExecutable? Or is there another way of calling wmp and still maintain control for Play, Stop Volume controls and video settings from my program?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(8,268 Views)

Hi,

I'm not sure if you can maintain control for play etc in your application when WMP is launched as a seperate execution. That will depend on whether or not Microsoft exposed that functionality.I've looked through the the ActiveX properties and methods and couldn't see any options, but I've been really busy lately so haven't had time to go through all of them.

How is your program going to work? If the video is going to be running in full screen, will you be making decisions on Play/Stop/Volume control programatically?

Sarah

Applications Engineer | National Instruments | UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(8,209 Views)

Hello, I have the same problem using WMP ActiveX. After load a file to play the Container autoresizes!!! How to disable autoresize after load?

Thank You, Eugen

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,561 Views)

Hi Eugen,

How are you doing today!

The problem with having a constant size for the WMP Activex control on the front panel has already been noted by the R&D department. They are still working on coming up with a resolution for this problem. The only workaround for this is to continuously set the Activex container bounds using the corresponding property node.

Hope it helps,

Best regards,

Mark M.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,534 Views)
Thank You Mark for reply. I use VLC ActiveX instead of WMP. This bug is not present there.
Message Edited by Eugen Graf on 10-10-2008 07:57 AM
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,512 Views)

I wish to use Windows Media Player (WMP) ActiveX in my CVI application.   I see from this forum that there have been issues in the past.   Have there been improvements that willnow  allow me to size the display?   If not, then should I start linvestigating the use of direct SDK for WMP, or is there a better way to manage a movie clip.   Can someone show me a code example of using the SDK for setup and management of a WMP control?   Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,429 Views)