LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 - annoying can't create temporary file popup

Argh,

This solution is not the good one : the problem is still pending ....What I can say is when i remove the . ???.CVI files, i can save my file normally (without the annoying dialog box)

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,540 Views)

Hello, Patrick!

In my case solve the problem applying the "Take ownership of a file or folder" (sorry if I use wrong translation, my system has not english localization) operation on the top-level folder of directory tree (like C:\Users\My\Devel). The changing only the ownership of particular project directory was not successful.

I hope this can help at least a little.

George

BTW - I want to point out (for the boys from NI) to the problem that this pop-up window blocking program running in debug mode. This makes debugging very difficult (my application deals with RT communication ....). 

Message 12 of 15
(1,535 Views)

Hello George !!!

Thanks a lot for your solution...

I've also found a solution by excluding my top level directory ("c:\projects" in my case) from the "explorer indexation service" (excuse me for my poor english, i'm a french guy ...)

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,531 Views)

Hello,

I had the same problem with CVI 2012.

I changed the file permissions as described in the attached picture. Just make a right click on your project folder then select properties...

Hope it wotks for others also.

BR

Frank

CVI-UserRightsProblem.png

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,066 Views)

Hello,

after some time I a had the same problem again Smiley Frustrated

As some other people mentioned it must be something with group pollicies / user rights but I can not find the right parameter to get rid of this problem.

My Workaround:

So I moved my CVI project files from ...\users\MyName\CVIProject ... to something like C:\MyProjekts (no personal user folder) and then it works.

Now since two month without this stupid error message Smiley Very Happy !

BR

Frank

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(969 Views)