From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will there be future releases of CVI?

Forgive me if this is the wrong forum to ask this question, but is 2013 the last planned release of CVI? I ask because I am picking up an older CVI gui design, and I am trying to decide if I should add on to this design or make the switch to LabView or some other design environment. I can't seem to find any information about plans for a 2015 or later version of CVI, so I am wondering if NI is attempting to phase out CVI.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,211 Views)

CVI2015 has been already announced and has already passed the beta period.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

I hope so, but I'm not 100% confident.

I think that unfortunately after the release of CVI 2013 the development of CVI slowed down a lot.

However we're going to see what happens in the next few weeks (CVI 2015 release or not)

Vix
-------------------------------------------
In claris non fit interpretatio

Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,103 Views)

Why are you so pessimistic? Of course there will be a 2015 release - and I hope that after arriving at a stable release with most bugs fixed there will be a 2017 release considering many of our wishes Smiley Wink

Actually I am very happy that NI changed their compiler to a modern industry standard - even though it took them (much) longer than anticipated. But I still think it was worth the effort.

Message 4 of 7
(5,098 Views)

Did you use CVI 2015 beta?

I received an invitation, but never been able to download the software..

Vix
In claris non fit interpretatio

Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,081 Views)

No - I did not have a computer for testing.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,079 Views)

It is correct that CVI 2015 has already released to manufacturing and will be available soon. Research and planning for the next CVI release is already underway. We can all look forward to full ongoing support and evolution of CVI for the foreseeable future.

David Rohacek

National Instruments | R&D Section Manager, Automated Test Software

Message 7 of 7
(5,056 Views)