From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my LabWindows App not running under Win98

I'm using a timer in my application to poll events that should be executed. It works fine on Win2000 and WinXP, but when I've a timer event on Win98 my application crashes and print out an error --> application will be closed. When building the distribution kit I enable all possibilities (low Level Support...). I tried all combinations but nothing works...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,651 Views)
Hi,

CVI applications shpould run with no problem under windows 98; however there are soe differences in the OS to take into account: 2k and XP have memory protection (you can't write to memory outside what you have been assigned). Widows 98 does not offers such a mechanism, if you write outside of your memory range some strange things happen. The best way to test this will to create a debug executable and pass it to the Windows 98 machine; this way you'll be ablew to tell whether there is some out of bounds error or if there is a "Not enough memory" error in one of the calls. Or at least get more info on what is going on.

Another thing that you can try is upgrading the CVI Run-Time engine in the 98 computer, regardless of the version of CVI that you are using y
ou can install CVIRTE 7.0 just to give it a try. (http://www.ni.com/downloads)

Let me know how this goes.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
N.I.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,651 Views)
You were right, I tried CVIRTE 7.0 and it works fine.
Thanks, for your help
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,651 Views)