LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does clicking on a menu item in CVI trigger the floppy drive to be accessed?

First, this same program is working fine on 3 other systems. All running the same .exe under Windows98.

I bought a new computer, installed the application and things work fine. Then, from my app, I read in a file from the floppy (it doesn't matter which data file). After this, anytime I do something in the user interface (move cursor around on menu, click on a button - actions that have nothing to do with the floppy drive) the program temporarily accesses the floppy, then does the action it is supposed to do.

Help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,390 Views)
Hello psander,

Here are a couple of suggestions on how to prevent your program�s extraneous attempts to access your floppy drive when you perform actions that should not access it.

Have you tried removing the reference to the floppy drive and recompiled and run your code? If so, does that remove the malfunction?

Do you have any anti-virus (AV) software running on your machine? If so, try deactivating the AV software and running your code again. Sometimes AV software can cause malfunctions in file input/output.

After accessing the floppy drive, did you close down the file read process? If it were still open, then your code may behave as though it were still reading data.

Let me know if you have any further questions about this issue.

Scott Romine

National Instruments
Scott Romine
Course Development Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,390 Views)