From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I get a different (wrong) calculation result in an installed program version by using StdDev-function

Dear Users of LabWindows,

I am using "StdDev" from "analysis.h" in a program.

I am using LabWindows 2012 and Win 7 64 Bit.

The program gives me a (right) calculation result on my development PC by using "StdDev".

On a PC with only the runtime I receive a different (wrong) calculation result.

What could be the problem?

I watched in the forum about half an hour to find some similar error but I only found hints for the two solutions below:

1. Do I need to include to the project the "analysis.lib"-file?
  2. In my distribution in the "Edit Installer"-window in the TAB "Drivers & Components" I have "only" selected the sub-option "Standard Run-Time" in the main option "NI LabWindows/CVI Shared Run-Time Engine". Do I need to add the sub-option "Analysis Support" too?

Actually I haven't tested these two possible solutions. I asking myself and this forum: Could this be the solution?

I am asking myself because in my actual project I get no error:

• Neither on clicking "Check Module Dependencies" in TAB "Drivers & Components", Nor in any usage of the program on my deleoper PC or the user PC with only the "Standard Run-Time".
  • I witness no compile error or warning (my setting is "Aggressive" an everythin is checked) no non-fatal no fatal run-time error no error at all.

Could the above described error also be caused by different "Country Settings" of the Windows-System itself? This means "," instead of ".".

Best greetings to all who may help me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,144 Views)

Calling an advanced analysis function without providing its library should throw an error;

do you check for the return value, i.e., status = StdDev ()? In your case status should be something like -5093 (The analysis library was not found).

You do not need to include the analysis.lib file in your project but in your distribution, i.e., you need to check 'Analysis Support'. If you click on Analysis Support (the text, not the checkmark) on the right side of the panel there is a little explanation saying 'Include this component when your application calls Analysis Library functions'. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,140 Views)