LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I find ivi.h for CVI 2013

Solved!
Go to solution

I generated an IVI driver, using Example 1—Creating IVI Driver Files with the Instrument Driver Development Wizard from the NI website, to communicate via GPIB with some test equipment.  I was able to communicate w/ the equipment while in the development process, however, once I generated the driver and tried to build it, it could not find the ivi.h and ivirfsiggen.h files it added into the generated include file.  I searched my PC and the NI website, but could not find them anywhere.  Does anyone know where I would get/generate these files (ivi.h and  ivirfsiggen.h)?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,149 Views)
Hi Ps1,

ivi.h and ivirfsiggen.h is installed with ICP (IVI Compliance Package). It is a pre-requisite to use IVI functionality in your computer.

Did you install ICP? Open Add/Remove Programs and look in National Instruments Software group. You should see ICP (not abbreviated) as an installed component.
S. Eren BALCI
IMESTEK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,141 Views)
The newer ICP installations copy header files into c:\Program Files\IVI Foundation\IVI\Include

See you have this folder and it is populated.
S. Eren BALCI
IMESTEK
Message 3 of 8
(6,139 Views)

Hi Eren

Thankyou for replying.   I checked the directory you refer to and it is there and populated w/ lots of Ivi....h files, but no Ivi.h or Ivirfsiggen.h.  I did not explicitely install the ICP driver package.  All I did is install CVI 2013 basic package.  Do I need to download and install ICP via the NI website?

Thankyou

Phil

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,134 Views)
Did you select to install any device drivers while installing CVI?
If yes, you might have already installed ICP. Can you see it in Add/Remove Programs list?
S. Eren BALCI
IMESTEK
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,128 Views)

Hi Eren

Sorry for the late response.  I was out yesterday.  In add/remove programs, I see IVI Shared Components 2.2.1 by IVI foundation dated 7/9/2013  (version 2.21.49152).  Is this what you are refering to?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,101 Views)

Here is a readme file from one of the ICP versions.

Under "installed components" section you can see Shared Components.

It is only a part of the installation.

If you need to use IVI libraries within CVI, I think you have to install the ICP.

S. Eren BALCI
IMESTEK
Message 7 of 8
(6,075 Views)
Solution
Accepted by PS1

Hi,

Hope you are done with the ICP installation without problem.

If your issue is solved please mark the sloution so that it can be seen from the forum listing that the thread is solved.

Regards,

S. Eren BALCI
IMESTEK
Message 8 of 8
(6,042 Views)