From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weaning off a license server

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I need to take one of my devel system completely off-grid. I normally use a site license for all NI products but it won't be able to get in touch with the license server. I remember there's a way to obtain or generate a license file for offline use, I've done it a few years back. Can somebody point me to the right procedure, thanks.

PS: just upgraded to 2013sp2, where's the list of changes ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,223 Views)

I cannot assist you in generating a license, but applying a license file can done via the the License Manager found in All programs >> National Instruments item in Start menu.

Release documentation can be found in this page; take a look also to this other one that I consider very important for a developer.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(4,217 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gdargaud

Hello gdargaud, 

I think what you are looking for is a disconnected license.  

Getting Started with NI VLM - Creating a Disconnected or Home License

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/3BF6EE92ADDC036C862572A300732E00

You will want to contact your server administrator about this, as he is the one who will be able to generate this for you.  Also, your question is technically a volume license manager question, so you might find more luck searching on those forums if you find you have any additional questions on the topic.  

Best wishes! 

Amanda B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,192 Views)