cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watchdog signal handle

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everybody,

I have a question about a reading a signal with a digital input. I would like to handle a watchdog signal that I get from a higher level system. The watchdogs signal works like a heartbeat. Is there a failure with the system in the higher level my system should notice that. The watchdog signal is a square-wave-signal (0,1,0,1 etc.). At the moment I do not now the frequency. The plan is that when the signal stands by 0 or 1 to wait two seconds. If there is no reaction after two seconds the program should stop because the high level system has an error.

Has someone a idea how I can implement this feature? For me it is important to know how I can do the signal acquisition correct.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,568 Views)

I forgot to mention that the acquisition should not use to much from the CPU. At the moment that is my main problem.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,529 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Fasching_K

Hello Fasching_K,

depending on the hardware change detection can be an option, or using one counter for a frequency measurement, or simple read the dio hardware timed in and made an analysis over the acquired Signal, or using an analog input with an fft function behind.

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,506 Views)