From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI_ERROR_RSRC_NFOUND when trying to init scope from LabWindows

I'm running an application in LabWindows/CVI 2013 where I try to initialize communication with a LT342 oscilloscope:

Result = IviScope_InitWithOptions (IviName, VI_TRUE, VI_TRUE,Simulate=0,RangeCheck=0,QueryInstrStatus=1,Cache=1", &ScopeHandle);

This call fails and retruns the error code :  VI_ERROR_RSRC_NFOUND (Insufficient location information or resource not present in the system).

I've downloaded drivers and setup the device in NI Max and can communicate with the scope from NI MAX. Via the I/O Trace I can see the commands being used, but the IviScope_InitWithOptions doesn't seem to be translated to lower level functions.

Is there any linking to DLLs that needs to be done from LabWIndows/CVI?

I'm new with LabWindows/CVI so please give a hint even if it's a simple mistake that You see is the root cause for the issue...

Attached are I/O trace output with communication from NI MAX (ibxxx calls) and LW/CVI.

Best regards

JOE

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(3,712 Views)