cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using CVI to transfer file to cRIO 9066

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm trying to copy files in a directory on a cRIO 9066.

The method that I'm using is to map a drive in Windows 7 and I want to copy files with CopyFile function in CVI.

The drive is define as \\ni-crio-9066-030c6bf1.local\files (I also tryed http:\\ni-crio-9066-030c6bf1.local\files).

With this method I can transfer files to this drive with the CopyFile function but the transfer rate is extremely slow.

For a 300ko file, it take approximately 25-30s.

During this time, my application is break, there are no more values in the controls or UIRs until the copy is finished.

I tried to disable "Automatically detect settings" in Internet Explorer in Tools>>Internet options>>LAN settings>>Connections as I have seen in a KnowledgeBase (http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/4EBE45E8A816B19386257B6C0071D025).

The copy is a lot faster about 1-1.5s but I have some transfer failures. Windows said me that the transfer failed in a popup, and the file in the cRIO is a 0ko file (and CopyFile doesn't return an error).

In the KnowledgeBase, they alert about the transfer failures but I hoped to have an error code in the CopyFile function.

I also tried to execute cmd.exe copy "source file name" "target file name" with LaunchExecutableEx but I had the same results.

I am in a deadlock for the moment.

Do you have any idea about  how I can transfer files between CVI and the cRIO?

PS: I tried the WebDAV protocole in Labview and it seems fine with this (good transfer rate and no transfer failure). But I didn't find this library in CVI.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,558 Views)

Hello Adenage,

I was not able to find a particular API specifically designed for CVI. Nevertheless have you tried to use a WebDav API that you can get from Microsoft?

WebDAV API Reference

or this one maybe

neon

Thanks,

Jun'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,440 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author adenage

I'm sorry for my late reply.

I succeed to send files in the cRIO 9066 using FTP.

I have installed "Legacy FTP Server" on the cRIO and I have used the FTP API in CVI (suggested on the french forum and by NI).

This solution works fine.

I didn't want to use an external API if possible so I choose the FTP solution.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,255 Views)